- My newest artworks are in the debut exhibit of the Plein-Air Artists of the Central Coast, PACC, in April and May at the Divine Inspiration Gallery in Santa Barbara. This exclusive group of seven prize-winning artists formed in 2012 to celebrate and advance plein air painting and the region's beauties. The gallery is located in the heart of Santa Barbara's art and entertainment district at 1528 State Street. Hours 10 to 5 daily. Part of my selection at this exhibit is a twilight view of Devereux Slough with birds settling for the night, which won second place award in a recent exhibit featuring artists from five western states. (See below).
-My pastel painting of the sunset at Devereaux Slough near Santa Barbara received Second Prize in the Pastel Society of the West Coast's 2012 All Membership Competition. The image, "Good Night Ladies and Gentlemen" and another pastel of storm Clouds over the Santa Barbara Islands, entitled "Apre" were included in the exhibit.
- An evolving selection of my most recent works are on display daily at Gallery Los Olivos, a cooperative gallery of select regional artists in the heart of the county's wine country. Location: 2920 Grand Ave., Los Olivos, California. Phone: (805) 688-7517. Hours; 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. in January and February. The rest of the year, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily. Check out the gallery's website shown below.
- LOOKING FORWARD TO THE MESA ARTISTS STUDIO TOUR NOVEMBER, 2013. - Plan to join me at my home studio for the 10th annual Mesa Artists Studio Tour (MAST) in Santa Barbara. the tour is Nov. 2 and 3 from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. both days. This annual event is free and open to the public and includes light refreshments. I will have a wide selection of recent works on display as well as greeting cards featuring images of my work, and selected small and large prints. The self-guided Mesa Artists Studio Tour is a sort of "treasure hunt," with participants using special maps to see 12 prize-winning member artists home studios. I will be painting to show my techniques during this popular event. The MAST tour is a relaxed way for residents and visitors to explore scenic Mesa byways and see the lifestyles and works of award-winning professional artists. Go to the Santa Barbara Mesa Artists Studio Tour link below to download the tour map and guide to all the participating artists work.
ART LINKS AND AFFILIATIONS
- Plein Air Artists of the Central Coast, pleinairartistsofthecentralcoast.com
- Mesa Artists Studio Tour, http://www.santabarbaramesaartists.com
- Gallery Los Olivos, http://www.GalleryLosOlivos.com
- Southern California Artists Painting for the Environment, http:///www.S-C-A-P-E
- Pastel Society of the West Coast, http://www.pswc.ws.
- Oil Painters of America, http://www.oilpaintersofamerica.com
- Artists Guild of the Santa Ynez Valley, http://www.agsyv.org
- Santa Barbara Art Association, http://www.sbartassoc.org
- The California Art Club, http://www.californiaartclub.org